Information We Collect:
In connection with providing investment products, financial advice, or other services, we obtain non-public personal information about you, including:
- Information we receive from you on account applications, such as your address, date of birth, Social Security Number, occupation, financial goals, assets and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information received from credit or service bureaus or other third parties, such as your credit history or employment status.
Categories of Information We Disclose:
We may only disclose information that we collect in accordance with this policy. BluePrint Wealth Alliance, LLC does not sell customer lists and will not sell your name to telemarketers.
Categories of Parties to Whom We Disclose:
We will not disclose information regarding you or your account at BluePrint Wealth Alliance, LLC, except under the following circumstances:
- To entities that perform services for us or function on our behalf, including financial service providers, such as a clearing broker-dealer, investment company, or insurance company, other advisers;
- To consumer reporting agencies,
- To third parties who perform services or marketing, client resource management or other parties to help manage your account on our behalf;
- To your attorney, trustee or anyone else who represents you in a fiduciary capacity;
- To our attorneys, accountants or auditors; and
- To government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law or to comply with regulatory inquiries.
How We Use Information:
Information may be used among companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, client relationship management technology, technical systems consultants and programmers, or companies that help us market products and services to you for a number of purposes, such as:
- To protect your accounts/non-public information from unauthorized access or identity theft;
- To process your requests such as securities purchases and sales;
- To establish or maintain an account with an unaffiliated third party, such as a clearing broker-dealer providing services to you and/or BluePrint Wealth Alliance, LLC;
- To service your accounts, such as by issuing checks and account statements;
- To comply with Federal, State, and Self-Regulatory Organization requirements;
- To keep you informed about financial services of interest to you.
Under Regulation S-AM, a registered investment adviser is prohibited from using eligibility information that it receives from an affiliate to make a marketing solicitation unless: (1) the potential marketing use of that information has been clearly, conspicuously and concisely disclosed to the consumer; (2) the consumer has been provided a reasonable opportunity and a simple method to opt out of receiving the marketing solicitations; and (3) the consumer has not opted out. BluePrint Wealth Alliance, LLC does not receive information regarding marketing eligibility from affiliates to make solicitations.
Regulation S-ID requires our firm to have an Identity Theft Protection Program (ITPP) that controls reasonably foreseeable risks to customers or to the safety and soundness of our firm from identity theft. We have developed an ITPP to adequately identify and detect potential red-flags to prevent and mitigate identity theft.
Our Security Policy:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and perform their respective duties. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard confidential client information.
Closed or Inactive Accounts:
Please direct complaints to: Patrick Kuster at BluePrint Wealth Alliance, LLC, 600 Old Country Rd, Suite 305, Garden City, NY 11530; (800) 894-5122.